excellent veterinary care from
preventative medicine to advanced
medical, diagnostic and surgical
be in good hands as all our veterinarians
have been trained in avian medicine both
in Australia and internationally, we have
the only registered veterinary specialist in
bird medicine in Victoria and our clinic is
an approved facility for training specialist
avian veterinarians in Australia
and North America.
safe, quiet location with ample parking.
Established for over 30 years, we operate
as part of Burwood Bird and Animal
to offer sound advice on nutrition,
enrichment, husbandry and bird care.
A bird behaviouralist is available for consultations
to help owners develop healthy, happy
relationships with their birds and to
address any behavior problems that may arise.
welfare and our fully equipped clinic is
specially designed and equipped to cater
for the needs of your bird. Between them
the avian vets, Drs Pat Macwhirter, Phil
Sacks and Michelle Sutherland have had
more than 40 years experience in the field.
WELCOME TO BIRD VET MELBOURNE
At Bird Vet Melbourne we understand the deep connections people form with birds and our avian veterinarians and avian nurses provide caring, competent and quality avian veterinary care for our feathered patients. The bird hospital has individually heated hospital cages for each patient. Chicken-vet patients don't feel left out, we love to help backyard poultry too! At Bird Vet Melbourne you can be confident that you will be fully supported with expert avian care, and sound avian veterinary advice relevant to the individual species of birds that you keep and that you’ll be well equipped to make the best ongoing health care and treatment decisions. This is the oldest established bird vet clinic in Melbourne.
*Our last appointment is 30 mins prior to closing time*
128 Highbury Road,
Burwood, Victoria, 3125
Call Us: (03) 9808 9011
WHY CHOOSE BIRD VET MELBOURNE?
- We really care about your pets
- Each bird patient is in a heated incubator complete with toys and perches.
- We understand birds and are able to give "our" bird patients human kindness and companionship.
- Our bird vet clinic is fully equipped and up to date to cater for the unique requirements of avian patients.
- The vets and nurses are all experienced in looking after all kinds avian patients
- Our nursing staff are avian trained and able to offer advice about bird care and nutrition
- We are open 7 days a week, sick birds also need treatments on Sundays !
- We’re passionate about bird health and welfare.
- All our bird vets are highly experienced and have trained internationally in Bird Medicine.
- We have worked with the only veterinary bird specialist in Bird Medicine in Victoria.
- We were an approved facility for training avian veterinary specialists for Australia and North America and Senior Academic Associates of the University of Melbourne.
Expert and compassionate advice for all birds. Sadly though we lost our little cockatiel to a dangerous rope toy. Do not use these! If in doubt about what is safe for your bird - talk to this vet first.
Please be careful ! We have just seen another fox attack victim. With daylight saving a lot of pets are being kept outside in the dark, when foxes are more active. Those with automatic timers for chickens and ducks please ensure you adjust for day light saving. Smaller birds loosing limbs and wings is still happening. Please take care.
It’s great to see people passionate about what they do. Very professional. Highly recommended